Health and Safety Advisor Countdown Supermarkets April 2016- Now. Key responsibilities have been to guide line management in shaping the most appropriate Health and Safety Strategies. Research and assess risks and provide the business with information to make tactical decisions. Support and guide the business in a practical manner in line with strategy and business objectives. Provide a single point of contact for the operations teams. Critical Risk has been undertaken by the business from a Woolworths level using Bowtie method. I have been involved with a team of four senior managers to ensure all 187 stores were visited and strategy plans put in place for each critical risk nationally. This project was based on, hit by moving vehicle, electricity, fall from height (people or infrastructure) and armed robbery as being the four recognised critical risks for this business. My achievements over the past sixteen months have been varied they include:
● Duty Holder Review of incident in loading dock for Worksafe
● Unit Standard 17595 Contractor Management
● Graduate Status with NZISM
● People Skills for Leadership Course (in house)
● ICAM investigations
● Critical risk Project to ensure all 187 stores were visited in a four month period
● Critical risk Management of Actions complied and work toward completion, interacting with property and maintenance teams to ensure this was carried out to a consistent standard.
● Working with PCBU as property owners, Westfields, Local Councils, and Worksafe to ensure the safe passage of people and public while loading and unloading stock in the rear docks, carparks and on the road.
● Creating Traffic Management Plans for vehicles delivering to all sites.
● Interacting with store teams to create exclusion zones when working with MHE's and encouraging the in store teams to develop written plans for the stores to work to
● Raising the business awareness of rear store racking and storage of stock at height
● Using Google Drive as a communication tool
● Seven weeks secondment in the distribution centre. This gave me a greater understanding of the logistics, risks and practices in place in a 24 hour, seven day week operation.
● Understanding fatigue and how it can create health and safety issues. Working for this company has given me a wide knowledge base and understanding of the logistics and communication required to work with a business that is spread all over New Zealand.
- New Zealand Institute of Safety Management
- Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Level 6 - 2015:
Unit Standard 5616 Develop and implement a hazard management system for a selected business operation
Unit Standard 5619 Assist in evaluation occupational health and safety standards and practice
Unit Standard 5615 Develop systems for occupational health and safety management practice
Unit Standard 5621 Plan and evaluate programmes to promote occupational health and safety practice
Unit Standard 5617 Facilitate hazard management in