The HASANZ Register is a voluntary registration system designed to make it easy for businesses, other organisations, and individuals to find reliable, quality health and safety advice and services.
We advise you that we may change, delete, add to, or otherwise amend the information contained on the HASANZ Register without notice.
HASANZ does not support or recommend any specific commercial product, process, or service mentioned on the HASANZ Register
HASANZ is not responsible for and does not endorse the content of other websites linked to, or referenced from, the HASANZ Register. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all the time and have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
Visitors to the HASANZ Register (including the register application) and the HASANZ website should seek professional advice before taking any action from information accessed on this website.
If you ignore this disclaimer, you do so at your own risk.
Limitations of liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law, any warranties and guarantees, whether express or implied, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this website or in respect of any products or materials referred to on this website are excluded.
HASANZ and its officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, consultants and sub-contractors will not be liable to you in relation to the contents of, use of, or in connection with, this website or any linked website:
- for any direct, indirect or special loss including those caused by:
- a health and safety professional listed on the HASANZ Register not updating their contact or other details
- use of the HASANZ Register
- any inaccuracy, error, omission, or any other kind of inadequacy, deficiency, or flaw in, or with the information contained in this website and its subsites; including its third parties' external links. HASANZ fully excludes any liability to any person or entity that chooses to rely upon the information
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or expected savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if HASANZ has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this website’s terms and conditions will exclude or limit any warranty, guarantee or liability that cannot be excluded or limited by applicable law. If any item of the terms and conditions is, or is found to be, unenforceable under the law, that will not affect the other provisions of this website’s terms and conditions.
Your commitment to us
In accepting these terms and conditions, you agree to:
- ensure all information provided as part of your application provides a true and accurate representation of your experience and skills as a professional working in the workplace health and safety sector
- information provided in your profile submission form (except for the uploaded evidence documents), being made publicly available on the HASANZ Register for the purposes of businesses, other organisations and individuals finding suitable professionals to provide them with workplace health and safety advice and services
- ensure that any files you have uploaded to support your application have been checked for viruses and are virus-free
- ensure the information you manage on the Register is kept accurate and up to date
- HASANZ undertaking any verification checks or confirmations that HASANZ considers necessary, including checks with any third parties (and may disclose my personal information for that purpose)
- pay all required application fees regardless of whether your application is approved
- pay the annual registration fee and associated processing fee before the profile expiry date
- demonstrate sufficient evidence for competencies on application and as requested
- participate in audits as requested where HASANZ will review your profile, skills, experience and supporting evidence and anyone HASANZ deems appropriate to ensure the accuracy, credibility and integrity of the HASANZ Register
- be a current member of an association that is a Full Member of HASANZ
- use "HASANZ Registered" collateral (email signature, certification mark jpg file, annual registration certificate), which displays the trademarked certification mark for the HASANZ Register following the brand guidelines
- not knowingly or recklessly use, or attempt to use, any of our services for a purpose for which it was not intended, including any unlawful purpose
- notify HASANZ immediately if you know, or have reason to believe, that there has been, or is about to be, fraudulent or other unlawful use of any of our services
- only use the HASANZ Register for the purposes of providing the required information to enable businesses, other organisations and individuals to find reliable, quality health and safety advice and services. You must not use the HASANZ Register for any other purpose, including using the website to:
- send commercial communications, the publication of email addresses on the HASANZ Register does not constitute deemed consent for the purposes of the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007 (which prohibits spam, or unsolicited commercial electronic messages)
- obtain email addresses of health and safety professionals for the purposes of marketing or promoting goods or services, even where those goods or services are provided for free or at a reduced price
- damage the website or its availability or accessibility, or in any way that is harmful or against the law
- copy, store, host, send, use, publish or share any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, root it or other malicious computer software
- infringe the copyright, trademarks or any other intellectual property rights of HASANZ or any other person or entity
- carry out any data collection activities (including data mining, data extraction and data harvesting)
Should you authorise another user to manage information on the Register on your behalf, you agree to their making changes to details as and when required. In doing so, you also accept that any actions taken by another user on your behalf remain your responsibility.
By honouring your commitments, you help to protect the integrity and security of:
- our online services, and
- the information provided by you and other users.
Failing to do so may result in a breach of security or privacy.
Fees and levies
You're responsible for the payment of fees for your HASANZ Registration. The application fee and the processing fee that are invoiced when applications are submitted are non-refundable, regardless of whether an individual's application is approved.
If an application is unsuccessful, or an individual wishes to withdraw their application before the profile assessment process is complete, the registration fee may be refunded.
HASANZ uses SSL, does not store credit card details, and handles all payments by a secure, PCI compliant, third party, DPS/Payment Express.
Unlawful access or use of our services
If you knowingly access or use, or attempt to access or use (or allow an unauthorised person to access or use), any of our services for an unlawful purpose (including fraud or attempted fraud or hacking or attempted hacking). In that case you'll be liable to pay any party (or HASANZ on its behalf) the amount of the loss incurred by them, caused directly or indirectly by your unlawful actions.
This clause is not intended to confer benefits enforceable by third parties under the Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017.
Suspension of your Registration
For the protection of users, other people, or HASANZ itself, we may suspend or disable your Registration without notice if we consider that:
- disabling your Registration is necessary to maintain the integrity or security of our services or any organisation or person
- your Registration is being misused or has otherwise been compromised
- you breach these terms and conditions.
Where appropriate, we'll notify you if we suspend your Registration as soon as practicable after doing so.
Our privacy statement applies to the personal information we collect about you.
By registering for the HASANZ Register and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you'll be regarded as having also agreed to the terms of that privacy statement. Please ensure you've read the privacy statement before agreeing to our terms and conditions.
The HASANZ Register is public, and we are obliged to make certain information supplied by you available to the public. This includes any personal information tendered by the Registered professionals, which may appear when searched on the internet. The purpose of publicly available information on the HASANZ Register is for businesses, other organisations and individuals to find suitable professionals to provide them with workplace health and safety advice and services.
Displaying information not required by HASANZ
Individuals can choose to display information on the HASANZ Register beyond that required by HASANZ. This information can include a private physical address, social media links, other professional memberships, other academic achievements, plus more.
If you provide this information, it will be made publicly available on the HASANZ Register. By providing this type of information, you agree and understand that:
- no such information or material will infringe any person's or organisation's intellectual property (including copyright and trademarks)
- no defamatory, offensive or inappropriate material will be displayed
- you are solely responsible for the information submitted (including hyperlinks to other websites) and must ensure that it complies with all legal requirements
- if incorrect, false, defamatory, offensive or inappropriate information or material is displayed on the Register or a security breach of any kind occurs, you will notify us immediately
- HASANZ is not liable or responsible for any information provided and displayed by you or other users of the HASANZ Register
- the display of any additional information on the Register does not constitute HASANZ endorsement of any product or service.
Should there be any dispute between you and HASANZ over our terms and conditions or any of our services, please email [email protected].
Both sides should make all reasonable efforts, in good faith, to achieve a satisfactory resolution.
However, if you and the staff cannot agree, you can ask to have the matter escalated to the HASANZ Executive Director, who will ensure the HASANZ Operations and Finance Committee are informed and respond to your dispute.
If the matter has not been resolved to your satisfaction, you may wish to take further action.
Invalidity or unenforceability
If any of these terms and conditions, or their application to any person or circumstances is, to any extent, held to be invalid or unenforceable:
- the remainder of these terms and conditions, or the application of such terms and conditions to any other person or circumstances, shall not be affected
- each term shall be valid and enforceable to the extent permitted by law
- any invalid or unenforceable term will be deemed to reflect, as nearly as possible, its original intention (as determined from this website).
Amendments to terms and conditions, and privacy statement
We may revise these terms and conditions, and the privacy statement from time to time – and will advise you of any changes on this website. Your continued use of the HASANZ Register indicates your acceptance of any changes.
Breaches of these terms and conditions
If you breach these terms and conditions in any way, HASANZ may take action to deal with the breach, including removing you from the HASANZ Register, stopping your access to the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
You agree to pay HASANZ for any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses in relation to claims or disputes incurred by HASANZ because of any breach by you of these terms and conditions.
Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions will be ruled by New Zealand law, and any disagreement relating to these terms and conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.
HASANZ Contact Details
Health and Safety Association of NZ (HASANZ)
The Terrace Business Centre, Office 6.14, Level 6, 108 The Terrace, Wellington
PO Box 10 239, Wellington 6143
Email: [email protected]
Last updated February 2023