Everyone who applies to list on the HASANZ Register must fill in an online application form and upload evidence to demonstrate they meet the required registration standard. Each HASANZ member association has its own specific registration standard..
This page gives guidance for NZOHNA members. Other information can also be found on NZOHNA's website.
If you have any questions about these requirements, please contact [email protected].
Applicants must enter:
- their association name, their association membership number and their occupation/profession.
- details of their qualifications and any other professional memberships that they hold, and upload evidence of these.
NZOHNA members can use their NZ Nursing Council membership number from their annual practicing certificate.
- Choose ‘Occupational Health Nurse – Proficient’ as your profession if you have reached this level on the Knowledge and Skills Framework (this must be completed prior to starting the application process)
- Choose ‘Occupational Health Nurse – Expert’ as your profession if you have reached this level on the Knowledge and Skills Framework (this must be completed prior to starting the application process)
Qualifications: Please provide evidence of your qualifications by uploading:
- a copy of your annual practising certificate
- a copy of your highest RN qualification e.g. post grad OH
- a copy of your completed Knowledge and Skills Framework to Level 2 previously assessed by the NZOHNA relevant Exec Group.
Other memberships: Please provide evidence of any other professional memberships you hold by uploading either:
- a current membership certificate or card showing organisation name, member name, membership number and expiry date; or
- a current annual practising certificate
All applicants must confirm that the work they do is covered by professional indemnity insurance and public liability insurance and upload evidence of this. Statutory liability insurance is recommended but not mandatory.
Consultants only: Please provide a copy of certificate of currency from insurer showing cover for professional indemnity insurance and public liability insurance.
It is expected that In-house health and safety advisers are be covered by their employers’ insurance – please check with your employer if you are in doubt about being covered before applying.
If you do not currently hold insurance, a liability insurance package is available from Abbott Insurance Brokers under a NZOHNA scheme. The package includes medical malpractice, public and statutory liability cover.
Applicants can select the industries they have experience working in, the locations they can offer service in, and the sizes of business they have experience working with.
Applicants must then select at least one option from any one of the four lists of register categories to indicate their service offering - the services they provide, or the subject matter experience they have. The four options are: general services, specialist services, specific injury or illness experience, specific subject matter experience (area of concern). Applicants must upload evidence for each category they select, according to the requirements of their member association.
Please upload the following:
- a copy of your current CV which evidences your number of years’ experience as an occupational health nurse
- a copy of your current Professional Development Plan (if applicable)
For each competency you wish to list under, please provide evidence of your experience in relation to this competency by uploading one or more of the following:
- a reference from an employer
- a reference from individual person
- a reference from client company
- copies of relevant training certificates, etc