My working background provides a unique proven combination of 3 crucial components for contributing towards business success:
- as an employer
- as an employee
- as a Health & Safety Advisor
With Health & Safety Worksite being a sole ownership company, I cover all aspects of the business which include:
- Setting up health & safety management systems for small companies with a staff of 2, to large companies with staff of over 500.
- My point of difference is I work in the clients environment; gaining an understanding of their specific requirements, matching the available resource with the agreed time frame for implementation.
- Setting up a cloud-based IT health & safety system (Bware) and providing training with App based technology included.
- Presentations to senior management, Board of Directors and Body Corporates etc on various aspects of health & safety.
- Site inspections for companies needing an overview of what they have in place for health & safety.
- Audits for internal compliance assessment.
From my base in Queenstown, my clients range within Southland, Otago and the Auckland area. I developed this business from a start-up enterprise, to a company where potential clients contact me through word of mouth and recommendations from previous clients. My working background was an owner-operator of a logistics company for 27 years, which comprised of 4 businesses and a staff of approx. 50, and during my working life I have contributed to a variety of community oriented projects, including coaching and mentoring.
From being an employee with a regular income, I have made the transition to self-employment in the complex world of health and safety. As an employee of a major corporation and working in the transport logistics area of the business, I designed and facilitated the training programme for processing staff to ensure compliance with health and safety. This company was sold, but I was retained by the parent company to assist with health and safety for 5 subsidiary companies and finish off any projects in late 2014.
At a late stage in life, I have successfully achieved qualifications for Occupational Health & Safety Diploma and Graduate level NZISM and have continually upgraded my training as necessary with the changing and challenging legislation. I have now completed the NZ Diploma in Workplace Health and Safety Management which is the latest qualification for health and safety management.
- New Zealand Institute of Safety Management
Chamber of Commerce Otago
Central Lakes Safety charter
- Southern Institute of Technology - Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
NZ Diploma in Workplace Health and Safety Management (Diploma Still to be received from SIT)
Professional Member of NZISM