I am a health, safety & wellbeing leader with 33 years’ experience in the fields of international engineering, manufacturing, construction and logistics. Successes in industries as diverse as oil and gas, chemicals, life sciences and supply chain in fifteen countries has led to the development of technical and soft skills to shape healthy and efficient environments.
Over the course of my career, I have gained a comprehensive understanding of health, safety & wellbeing practices across various sectors and environments. My background includes leadership roles in health and safety, experience working with diverse groups, and complex multi-site organisations. I have consistently demonstrated my ability to develop and implement effective health and safety programs, while also promoting a holistic approach to wellbeing.
One of my proudest achievements has been the collaboration of workers, Unions and delivery partners using various risk methodologies to really understand the threats to our people, identifying critical controls and having executive ownership of reducing the risk. This experience has enhanced my skills in consultation, collaboration, and engagement with all stakeholders.
I am committed to:
• Promoting a Culture of Health, Safety & Wellbeing: Creating a holistic culture where H,S&W is ingrained in every aspect of business, fostering awareness and accountability among all.
• Strategic Planning: Developing and executing comprehensive health, safety, and wellbeing strategies that meet regulatory requirements while aligning with strategic goals.
• Collaboration: Collaborating with all stakeholders, including external partners, to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing.
• Continuous Improvement: Monitoring and assessing the effectiveness of health, safety & wellbeing initiatives, making data-driven adjustments to improve outcomes continually.
• Leadership and Partnering: Being effective and trusted to raise capabilities and behaviours.
The following details some of my current initiatives.
• Develop and implement a framework for Executive Leadership Team ownership of critical risks and for Business Lead Team leadership in reducing critical risk events embracing a Safety Always model.
• Build worker, Union, delivery partners, and leaders’ consultation, understanding and ownership of critical risks and controls through Bowtie and AcciMap methodology workshops.
• Lead diverse and complex H,S&W opportunities.
- New Zealand Institute of Safety Management
- NZISM Professional