I improve worker wellbeing and business performance, by connecting Māori culture with environmental, health, and safety systems and practices. The workplaces and workers I mentor achieve more positive attitudes and safer behaviors. Other cultures and ethnicities can also benefit.
I have developed a niche understanding about the positive influence of Māori culture has in workplaces, how it can resonate with and be uplifted by workers as well as aligned with existing systems and practices. These practices were confirmed as part of a PhD study and was shaped by my experience as a former WorkSafe NZ Inspector and NZTA critical risk advisor across an array of sectors such as manufacturing, construction, primary production, and local government.
My other niche skills include:
- Representing clients in their proactive duty of due diligence such as overlapping duties, supply chain and procurement.
- Mentoring, and coaching leaders and workers in their own development of heath and safety skills.
- Supporting fatality and serious harm investigations.
- Pastoral care.
I am accredited as a Professional NZISM member and can practice all of the competencies required for that level of practice.
I also have a background in other disciplines such as community engagement, emergency response and strategic management. I have served on not for profit boards and undertaken various voluntary roles.
- New Zealand Institute of Safety Management
- Graduate Diploma in Professional Practice (Occupational Health and Safety)
5a Douglas Street