I aim to assist businesses to “work better” by understanding their risks and putting in place operationally practical and pragmatic measures to mitigate these to provide a safer work environment for everyone. Working safely should be a normal part of how businesses do work, to be effective it should be simple and evolving constantly so the safety system is fit for purpose.
I have held several operational health and safety roles with business activities including growing, post-harvest activities and corporate services. This experience has required me to work effectively with a wide cross-section of people at different operational levels with a broad range of risk types. This has given me wide-ranging experience and knowledge of systems and processes. I consider I am a practical and pragmatic person and that safety management systems need to be simple and concise to be effective and engaging for those in the workplace.
I can assist your business with the following:
- Determination of your risks and those which could be critical and how these might be controlled
- Assessment of your Safety Management System and development of recommendations to address any gaps identified
- Development of policies, procedures, standards, or other tools that support your people to work safely and comply with the HSWA
- New Zealand Institute of Safety Management
- Bachelor of Arts (Anthropology & Geography)
Diploma of Teaching, Palmerston North College of Education
National Certificate in Adult Education & Training (Level 4)
Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (Level 6)
ICAM Investigation techniques
HSR training- levels 1-3
Safe Plus Assessor Micro Credential