Tom's experience includes the following sectors: oil and gas exploration and production, underground and surface mining, electricity, forestry, dairy, pulp and paper, construction, infrastructure, logistics, heavy and light industrial manufacturing, professional services, and food manufacturing.
The following provides an illustration of the types of work Tom has carried out:
- Independent H&S management system reviews in the wake of fatality or high potential events, e.g. Auckland International Airport, Fonterra, Fletcher Building, Lion Nathan, and Port of Napier.
- Strategic Health and Safety reviews for Boards of Directors e.g. Mighty River Power, Asmuss Group, Auckland Transport, Counties Power, Port Taranaki, Port Nelson, Fletcher Building, Spark, Sanford, AsureQuality, Kiwi Income Property Trust, St Kentigern, and The Lines Company.
- Design and delivery of health and safety leadership and governance training
- Development and delivery of NZ Law Society CPD Programme module - "The HSW Act 2015 – What it Means in Practice"
- Development and deployment of H&S Management Frameworks for a range of corporate and high-risk organisations across NZ.
- Development and deployment of critical risk programmes for a range of organisations across NZ
- Development and deployment of significant Risk Management and Contractor Management Standards/Processes for a range of organisations across NZ.
- Independent reviews of major capital works projects e.g. for Fonterra, Contact Energy, Auckland International Airport.
- Independent incident investigations for a range of organisations, often under legal privilege.
- New Zealand Institute of Safety Management
- NZ Institute of Directors
- Bachelor of Business Studies Massey University
Graduate Diploma H&S Massey University