- University Entrance. Francis Douglas College. 1979.
- Graduate Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health. 2013.
Skills & Abilities (not limited to)
- Kelvin Topset Investigator training. Singapore 2007.
- Aerial surveillance course – marine oil spill. 2013.
- Shell upstream RAM risk assessment training certificate.2014.
- ESR radiation protection officer training course. 2014.
- Manage a crisis training – emergency response. 2011.
- Attend weekly and monthly meetings to support Shell Operations and Maintenance departments in the Maui Field.
- HSE support to contract holders in marine, transport and air logistics monthly meetings and investigation closeout.
- HSE support to SSA (Shared Services Agreement) meetings on behalf of Shell and contract holders.
- Plan and support monthly companywide site HSE meetings and site community meetings to offer HSE learnings and provide feedback to issues raised.
- Support the business with relevant industry LFI’s and safety bulletins to keep staff and contractors informed of incidents that could impact them at work.
- My role as an HSE advisor for Shell is considered to be a supervisory role as well as a number of my roles when I was working in drilling and construction.
- I use this experience and my HSE experience to influence personnel behaviours and encourage mindfulness in the people I deal with to ultimately achieve excellent HSE outcomes.
Professional Experience – HSE Advisor roles
- Shell Taranaki Limited – 2008 – present
- Maersk Drilling. Sept 2007 – 2008.
- Ensco Oceanic’s. Jan 2007 – Sept 2007.
- Geotherm Drilling Services (Taupo). Jan 2006 – Oct 2006.
- Parker Drilling NZ Ltd. July 2002 – Nov 2003.
- New Zealand Institute of Safety Management
- 1.Graduate Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health. Massey University. 2013.
2.ESR Radiation Protection Officer Training. March 2014.
3.Certificate of Completion: Aerial Surveillance Course. November 2013.
4.IWCF Rotary Drilling Well Control. February 2002.
5.Silver card Safety Leadership Program. 2008.
6.Emergency Management Course. November 2009.
7.Shell Certificate of Completion. Risk Assessment Training - Awareness Level. November 2014.
8. Workplace Assessment. Auckland College of E