Evette leads the Advisory team at HazardCo. She has a comprehensive knowledge of NZ Health and Safety legislation and guidelines from her experience at HazardCo, Wormald, and from recent studies. Evette has 6 years’ industry experience, a Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (NZ), is a Graduate member of NZISM and is recognised as a Health and Safety Professional. She has experience in the general construction industry with particular knowledge in residential construction and sub trades.
Evette’s extensive experience in hazard management, incident investigation, employee participation and training allows her to provide health and safety technical advice to management, staff and clients. Evette has also participated in two external audits while with Wormald and an ACC WSMP re-accreditation audit, she helped the team receive a high result in each.
A large part of Evette’s responsibilities is to monitor the release of new legislation and guidelines and review and update HazardCo Systems in line with any changes. Much of Evette’s expertise contributes to the development of new HazardCo products and systems that are designed to make health and safety simple for HazardCo customers.
Providing advice and assisting HazardCo customers with managing events or accidents are two core functions of the Advisory team that Evette leads. Here is where her practical experience gained at Wormald really shines through. Not only is Evette up to speed with all current guidelines and legislation, she has practical experience in managing health and safety daily in a workplace with on site, remote and mobile workers.
As part of her role with Wormald, Evette had responsibility for:
· Maintaining health and safety training requirements
· Maintaining hazard management – hazard identification, hazard registers, job safety analysis
· Creating site specific safety plans
· Conducting work place inspections
· Reviewing monthly team and health and safety meeting minutes
· Reviewing and maintaining toolbox talks
· Maintaining emergency procedure, crisis management, and first aid management
· Completing annual health and safety audits and assist with external health and safety audits
· Incident management
· Correction action tracking
· Reviewing monthly vehicle checks
· Assisting head office EHS initiatives
- New Zealand Institute of Safety Management
- Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (Level 6)