I am a Health and Safety practitioner with over twenty years’ professional experience as a Health and Safety specialist in a range of diverse organisations. I am currently working as a Health & Safety Consultant for Safe and Sound Solutions Ltd. In this role I provide a wide range of Health & Safety and compliance services to a variety of diverse clients.
My previous roles include; Health & Safety Advisor with a Canterbury Irrigation Company, Wellness & Safety Advisor for New Zealand Police and Safety & Wellbeing Specialist for New Zealand Post.
I have extensive experience of Health and Safety consulting, both within an organisation, and as an independent consultant.
My passion for Health and Safety comes from a belief that it is fundamentally about people, not compliance. People, regardless of whether they are bosses, workers, contractors, or visitors, must work together and genuinely care about each other in order to bring about a positive safety result. My role as a Health and Safety practitioner is to facilitate that process. Health and Safety tools and resources should be simple and practical and designed to support people to do the job.
I have particular expertise in the following areas:
- Risk assessment and management – identifying an organisation’s critical risks and applying the most appropriate controls to reduce the risk profile.
- Health and Safety strategy and policy development – working with organisations to develop meaningful goals and practical policies and procedures.
- Health and Safety management systems – implementation of system that provides a framework for success.
- Contractor management – working with a range of contractors to ensure that all health and safety requirements are met.
- Incident and accident investigation.
- Development of a positive and collaborative safety culture.
- Continuous improvement of systems.
- New Zealand Institute of Safety Management
- Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (Level 6)
NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
Advanced Investigation Techniques (ICAM)