Jason has worked for many years managing musculoskeletal injuries in both the public and private sectors, including work with ‘walk in’ physiotherapy clinics, sports teams, and orthopaedic rehabilitation.
Jason has worked for two years in Specialist Mental Health at the Anxieties Disorders Service and the Canterbury Alcohol and Drug Service where he was developing wellbeing programmes to assist with stress management. During these two years, he received clinical supervision in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, and attended courses in Motivational Interviewing, and Appreciative Inquiry.
Jason also worked for two years at The Canterbury District Health Board in the Health and Safety Department with a portfolio in Discomfort Pain Injury Management across Canterbury and the West Coast region. During this time, he completed his Postgraduate Certificate in Occupational Health Physiotherapy.
Jason will complete his Graduate Diploma in Occupation Health and Safety from Massey University in 2018. This study has allowed further diversification of his work currently including:
1. Vocational Rehabilitation Services returning injured workers back to employment.
2. Delivering manual handling, discomfort management, work station setup, stress management, and sleep hygiene training.
3. Delivering participatory ergonomic problem solving.
4. Injury prevention, injury management, ergonomic advice for the meat industry.
5. Health monitoring for the forestry industry.
6. Development of workplace health promotion programmes.
7. Development of health and safety policy and procedures.
- Physiotherapy New Zealand - (Occupational Health Physiotherapy Group)
- Graduate Diploma Occupational Health & Safety (Student)
- Diploma in Physiotherapy
Diploma in Manipulative Therapy
Post Graduate Certificate Physiotherapy (Occupational Health)