My passion for SHE stems from personal family experiences of workplace related injuries and occupational disease. More so, fundamentally, it's part of me, as is my compassion for others. Through an ‘open door’ leadership style, I value sharing, cross-cultural and practical understanding of SHE principles rather than a ridged “policeman” approach, earning my mining nickname of ‘Mother-T’.
I have 16 years’ full time collective experience, as consultant and employee, in the healthcare, construction, general manufacturing, greenfields iron ore exploration and stay in business projects. A burning desire and great opportunity enabled our family to immigrate to New Zealand in Aug 2019, where I joined the transportation industry. I have had active membership with SAIOSH since 2016, and re-applied to joined NZISM as a graduate member. I have also joined the NZHSP (Health and Safety Professionals) Society and more recently the Community of Safety Innovation.
I have been part of significant company changes over several years and participated in various programmes to influence change, impact safety culture and develop innovative thinking and initiatives.
Since commencing my career I have carried several occupational health and hygiene, wellness, safety and environmental portfolios simultaneously, including day to day general office administration, mentoring, HR, training and project planning responsibilities.
Key Competencies include:
* Risk Management - ORM (WRAC, JRA, DSTI, SLAM, STAR), MoC (change management), risk profiling
* Leading & Lagging Indicators and trending
* ISO 18001/45001, 14001, 22000, HACCP, SANS 16001, ISO 31000
* Leading SHE audits
* Incident Investigations - up to fatality consequence levels through ICAM, LFI
* Leadership Programmes: VFL, HRWV (high risk work verification)
* SharePoint (incl Communications sites designs), Passport 360 Contractor Management Programme, Enablon
* Developing and delivering Training Programmes and Leader Presentations, Organising Forums and Workshops
- New Zealand Institute of Safety Management
- SAIOSH - Graduate Membership (exp Feb 2020) Replaced by NZISM
GradNZISM - Graduate Member NZISM (Expires Feb 2021)
- National Diploma Biomedical Technology (South Africa - 2004)
Double Diploma Workplace Health and Safety BSB60615 (Australia - 2019)
Double Diploma Business Administration and Leadership Management BSB51918 (2019 - In process)
131 West Tamaki Road
131 West Tamaki Road