I am a consultant specialising in health and safety for the arts, theatre, entertainment, and events industries.
With over 25 years of experience as a theatre technician and events site manager, I have a unique insight into the practical application of workplace health and safety in these challenging work environments.
I also specialise in event safety management, with a focus on ensuring the comfort and safety of event participants, attendees, spectators and audiences. I believe that this is best achieved through good site design, crowd management planning, emergency planning, and robust communication systems.
My approach is to be solutions-focused, and I enjoy collaborating with practitioners to achieve the best safety outcomes, whilst respecting the creativity of my clients and upholding the integrity of their events. I promote open communication and joint decision making to ensure that the health and safety solutions agreed upon can and will be applied in the field.
I am committed to education and encouraging a positive culture of safety and responsibility throughout the arts, entertainment and events industries.
The services I offer include:
- Health and safety management system development.
- Bespoke risk management planning for specific events.
- Site-specific safety management planning.
- Crowd management planning.
- Event site planning and design.
- Emergency planning for events.
- Onsite management and supervision.
- Health and safety reviews and assessments
- New Zealand Institute of Safety Management
- Entertainment Technology New Zealand.
Event Safety Alliance (USA)
New Zealand Events Association
Global Crowd Safety Alliance (Working Group Member)
- Diploma Health & Safety Management
Bachelor of Arts (Psychology)
Bachelor of Physical Education