Occupational Health and Safety Consultant
I am a self-employed consultant. I have three distinct roles. I audit, I consult, and I facilitate training.
In the 26 years that I have been a Health and Safety Consultant I have worked in most industries in New Zealand. As an AEP auditor I worked with the large companies. As a WSMP auditor I assessed smaller enterprises. I work with SME’s now, part of what I do is to assist them to satisfy their clients on the veracity of their Health and Safety practices. I still have large public and private companies as active clients.
I was the owner/operator of a company in the printing industry in 1992 when the then “new” legislation was passed so understand the issues from an employer’s perspective. Many of my clients advise that I have a practical appreciation of running a business and managing Health and Safety and ACC issues.
For my clients I undertake many tasks.
- I write reports to Boards of Directors on the PCBU’s H&S systems and discuss “compliance” and issues.
- I have undertaken assessments for clients on HSNO compliance and made recommendations.
- I write and undertake noise surveys and write reports.
- I write reports to new clients on the state of their H&S management system.
- I write annual reports on progress and review of the H&S system.
- For others clients I start at the beginning and implement a Health and Safety programme.
- During my years at Employers and Manufacturers Association (EMA) I wrote and presented numerous training courses.
- I still undertake training courses.
- I give advice on ACC matters and assist with rehabilitation issues.
I undertake work for many types of businesses including public companies, large private companies, SMEs and office based businesses. I work with the Board, the CEO or the Workers at all of these companies and I expect to train them and to advise them of the responsibilities and discuss due diligence issues.
Initial consultation normally involves assessing a client’s current position and then working with them to improve the programmes.
- New Zealand Institute of Safety Management
- Certified Member of NZISM
- Graduate Diploma in Business Studies
• Occupational Hygiene
• Managing Quality in the Workplace
• Experiential Learning
• Occupational Safety & Health Management
• Employment Relations Management
• Human Resource Development
Bachelor of Science
Diploma In Management