Over 23 years experience as an occupational therapist both in New Zealand and overseas and 5 years experience as an NGO health service manager.
Since launching my own company, Active Intervention management (AIM) Ltd, in 2005, in partnership with another occupational therapist, my work has had a strong focus on vocational assessment, rehabilitation, and injury prevention in the workplace.
I have extensive experience in Northland providing a broad range of injury prevention services (including musculoskeletal risk assessments, health and safety advice, manual handling, office safety group and individual workstation assessment, and set up advice, and wellness training, and pre employment screening, workplace assessments and general needs assessments, return to work planning, coordination and monitoring (following illness or injury), and other general workplace rehabilitation services-I do this for any size business and in any industry.
I work closely with agencies such as ACC, Third Party Administrators (TPA’s), Insurance Companies and with Private Companies, specifically for those claimant and/or employees recovering from illness, injury or disability. I have excellent working relationships and work within an interdisciplinary approach with local GP practices, physiotherapy clinics, other allied health practitioners, and with others who have a significant role to play in a person’s rehabilitation process so we can achieve the best outcomes for clients.
I also have has extensive experience in providing team leadership and clinical supervision to other occupational therapists, and health services personnel.
- Diploma of Occupational Therapy
- Post graduate Certificate in Applied Rehabilitation
- Post graduate Certificate in Workplace rehabilitation.
I am affiliated with numerous member organisations relevant to my practice.
Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience and post graduate training in vocational rehabilitation
- Extensive experience in assessing musculoskeletal risks in the workplace and providing injury prevention and/or management alternatives
- Trainer in First Move Manual Handling and Office Safety for Prevention
- Experience in psychosocial assessments and multidisciplinary pain management programmes
- Extensive experience in the field of mental health providing groups, day programmes and individual programmes
- Experience in assessment and intervention for Mild Traumatic Brain Injury conditions
- 5 years experience as the manager of a community based mental health organisation offering residential and community based rehabilitation services
- Extensive experience working in private and public industries.
- Occupational Therapy New Zealand - Whakaora Ngangahau Aotearoa
Chamber of Commerce Whangarei
- Post Graduate Certificate In Rehabilitation- Otago University