I am a highly motivated, dedicated, and experienced Occupational Hygienist. I have worked as a consultant as well for a manufacturer and therefore understand the importance, goals, benefits, complexity, and shortcomings of both.
Throughout my years of working as an Occupational Hygienist, I have planned, developed, and administered several Occupational Hygiene programmes and surveys that has covered various workplace exposures.
I have worked in numerous industries; some of which included:
- the pharmaceutical industry, several food processing industries,
- transport industries (airports, bus maintenance and rail - manufacturing and maintenance of locomotives, wagons, and coaches),
- motor manufacturing, tyre manufacturing, truck, and trailer refurbishments,
- quarries, steel manufacturing, slag handling, metal recovery and scrap handling; stone crushing plants, brick manufacturing,
- pallet manufacturing, abattoirs – poultry, beef, sheep, pork, poultry breeding, animal/pet feed manufacturing,
- grain industries (silo storage), waterworks, printing/advertising industries, museums, arts, and galleries,
- numerous office related businesses, universities, small businesses and more.
My surveys include thorough planning, preparation, risk assessments, measurements, reports, providing financially viable recommendations as well as excellent communication and feedback to clients, managers, or supervisors.
Along with that, I have a sound knowledge of:
- Chemical Management (which includes assessing and managing hazardous substances, safety data sheets, inventories),
- working in a GMP environment,
- GMP and high potency facility designs,
- managing projects,
- developing, implementing, and maintaining quality systems,
- as well as recommending and/or implementing robust occupational hygiene controls, all while complying with current national and/or international legislative requirements.
I am also known for running excellent training sessions and making complex theories understandable. I regularly get invited to take part in industry working groups and love working on projects that aligns with my personal vision and goals.
Registered Occupational Hygienist (ROH) under the National Accreditation Recognition Scheme (NAR) of the International Occupational Hygiene Association (IOHA).
Full Member of New Zealand Occupational Hygiene Society (NZOHS).
Full Member of South African Institute for Occupational Hygiene (SAIOH).
[RH1]Not required as covered in the Other Professional memberships field.
- New Zealand Occupational Hygiene Society
- Member NZOHS
Registered Occupational Hygienist (ROH)
- M.Sc. Occupational Hygiene
B.Sc. (Hon) Physiology (Occupational Hygiene
B.Sc. Biochemistry and Physiology
Healthy Work Solutions Ltd
1310 Old North Road