Miriska is a qualified and experienced Occupational Hygienist. She has worked as a consultant as well as for a manufacturer and therefore understands the importance, goals, benefits, complexity and shortcomings of both.
Throughout her years of working as an Occupational Hygiene Consultant, she planned, developed and administered several Occupational Hygiene programs and surveys that covered various workplace exposures.
She worked in numerous industries; some of which included:
- the pharmaceutical industry, several food processing industries,
- transport industries (airports, bus maintenance and rail - manufacturing and maintenance of locomotives, wagons and coaches),
- motor manufacturing, tyre manufacturing, truck and trailer refurbishments,
- quarries, steel manufacturing, slag handling, metal recovery and scrap handling; stone crushing plants, brick manufacturing,
- pallet manufacturing, abattoirs – poultry, beef, sheep, pork, poultry breeding, animal/pet feed manufacturing,
- grain industries (silo storage), waterworks, printing/advertising industries, museums, arts and galleries,
- numerous office related businesses, universities, small businesses and more.
Her surveys include thorough planning, preparation, risk assessments, measurements, reports, providing financially viable recommendations as well as excellent communication and feedback to clients, managers or supervisors.
Along with that, she has a sound knowledge of:
- Chemical Management (which includes assessing and managing hazardous substances, safety data sheets, inventories),
- working in a GMP environment,
- GMP and high potency facility designs,
- managing projects,
- developing, implementing and maintaining quality systems,
- as well as recommending and/or implementing robust occupational hygiene controls, all while complying with current national and/or international legislative requirements.
She is also known for running excellent training sessions and making complex theories understandable.
Registered Occupational Hygienist (ROH) under the National Accreditation Recognition Scheme (NAR) of the International Occupational Hygiene Association (IOHA);
Full Member of New Zealand Occupational Hygiene Society (NZOHS);
Full Member of South African Institute for Occupational Hygiene (SAIOH).
- New Zealand Occupational Hygiene Society
- Member NZOHS
Registered Occupational Hygienist (ROH)
- M.Sc. Occupational Hygiene
B.Sc. (Hon) Physiology (Occupational Hygiene
B.Sc. Biochemistry and Physiology
1310 Old North Road
1310 Old North Road