Having been involved in the provision of occupational safety and health advice and assistance for 20 years in a range of industries including civil construction, infrastructure, amenities, waste, heavy transport and industrial services, I have been exposed to a wide variety of work situations where the management of hazards and risk has been critical. With this experience in providing occupational health and safety advice and assistance to a business with the large scope of services, I have implemented systems to ensure risk was eliminated where possible and hazards managed to an acceptable level.
I am President of the New Zealand Institute of Safety Management (NZISM) and a Graduate member. I also represent NZISM on the Health and Safety Association of NZ leadership team and am on the Board of the International Network of Safety and Health Practitioner Organisations (INSHPO) with a role as Vice President. I am a member of the Institute of Directors and on the WasteMINZ Safety Sector Group which guides the waste industry in NZ in current and emerging health and safety matters.
I am committed to playing an active role in improving occupational health and safety outcomes and working towards developing the capability gap in the health and safety industry which will benefit all New Zealand workplaces.
Specialties: My Skills & Specialties
- Identifying gaps in business approaches to health and safety
- Engaging with leaders within business environments to identify improvement opportunities in how they lead, manages risk and engages with workers
- Integrating H & S into BAU
- Accident & Incident Investigation.
- New Zealand Institute of Safety Management
- Member - Institute of Directors
- Graduate Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health