Experienced & highly motivated health and safety professional, with a proven track record of achievements in areas such as, strategic planning & implementation, safety culture review & improvements, governance & assurance reporting and development of 'fit for purpose’ health & safety management systems. Ability to work and influence across all organisational levels & with a keen focus on coaching & mentoring others to increase their HS understanding & capabilities.
Skills & Capabilities
Strategic Planning & Implementation
- Preparation & implementation of appropriate Strategic HSE Plans with focus on achieving best practice and meeting agreed HSE business goals and expectations.
- Creation of appropriate reporting of implementation such Plans to enable Board & Executive teams to meet due diligence requirements.
Health & Safety Management System Development
- Many roles have involved the review & development of a 'fit for purpose' HSMS, capable of achieving external accreditation such as ACC, AS/NZ4801 & ISO18001.
- Coaching and mentoring of business & functional leaders in the effective implementation of their agreed systems.
Assurance & Governance
- Creation of appropriate tools and templates to enable robust due diligence reporting to Board & Executive levels of organisations
- Development & presentation of due diligence & governance reporting at Board & Executive meetings and discussion and formulation of agreed action plans.
Coaching, Mentoring & Training
- Development & delivery of appropriate tools and resources to assist in upskilling of both operational and HSE team members.
- Development & delivery of training programmes and competency assessments (with ability to achieve external accreditation if required).
- Professional development and coaching of junior team members to support achievement of formal qualifications and increased capabilities.
- New Zealand Institute of Safety Management
- Registered Midwife
Registered General Nurse
- NEBOSH Diploma
NZISM Certified Member
Diploma of Professional Studies in OHS
Occupational Health Nursing Diploma