Having been within the Health and Safety profession for over 25 years’ I can provide advice and assistance on a range of industries. These include Shipping/Logistics/Transport, ACC, Tertiary education, Mechanical testing facilities, and Government agencies. I am currently the National H&S Manager (H&S, MPI, Environmental & Quality) for a temperature-controlled logistics and transportation multinational company (Lineage Logistics) as part of the Asia Pacific region.
I have been fortunate enough to be exposed to a diverse set of work situations where the management of hazards and risk has been critical. This experience has assisted me in delivering occupational health and safety advice and assistance to a range of organisations. I have created and implemented procedures to ensure hazards were managed to an acceptable level and critical risks were managed appropriately.
I have a Tertiary qualification in Health and Safety (a Graduate diploma in OSH Massey 1996) and have experience in all areas of Health and Safety, Human Resource Management, Environmental Systems, Laboratory Safety, Rural Safety, Quality Management Systems and Biosafety. Also experienced in Emergency Management and USAR trained.
I am a committed, pragmatic and focussed H&S professional and am happy to share learnings from my extensive experience in the H&S industry. I am a professional that cares not only for the organisation but more importantly for the workers, as all workers have the right to go home safe to their families each day.
Specialties: My Skills & Specialties
- I am equally as comfortable presenting to boards and/or managing directors as doing a toolbox tail gate or pre-start meeting/task analysis.
- An innovative thinker when dealing with systemic or compliance issues with excellent understanding of Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC), Ministry of Primary Industries as well as general H&S issues.
- Extensive knowledge of safety issues within the transport & logistics sector with a particular area of interest in forklift/MHE safety.
- Extensive experience with adventure aviation having been a hang glider pilot for over 30 years with over 1500 logged hours.
- New Zealand Institute of Safety Management
Cold Storage Association
New Zealand Hang gliding & Para Gliding association
- BA Economics - Victoria
Graduate Dip Osh - Massey
Graduate cert Commerce - Lincoln
ICAM - IMPAC