I'm currently the Government Health and Safety Lead's (GHSL) Principal Advisor. I provide health and safety subject matter expertise to the GHSL and where needed, the sector.
This role largely involves pulling the sector together to form a community of practice, but also collaboration to address common goals across the public service.
Prior to the GHSL, I was a health and safety consultant at Deloitte. During this role I completed work for organisations around New Zealand in the private and public sectors.
Examples of the Health and Safety work that I have completed:
- Development of best practice guidance for the sector
- Pulling together the sector's H&S leads to work together
- Sourcing sector data
- Implementation of health and safety system improvements
- Advisory support to provide a viewpoint on health and safety areas of concern
- Gap analysis to assess how current management practices are designed and operate effectively
- Independent reviews and audits of health and safety management systems and practices from head office to the frontline
- I also have experience as an in-house H&S professional.
My work experience in a H&S setting has covered the following industries:
- National and Local Government
- Oil and Gas
- Transport, Logistics and Distribution
- Health Sector
- Disability Services
- Hotels, Restaurants and Bars
- New Zealand Institute of Safety Management
- Master of Science (Occupational H&S)