Matthew’s work history involved extensive time in a wide range of industries, both in New Zealand and around the world:
- Agriculture Industry – Diary and Dry Stock Farming
- Construction: Commercial | Residential | Horizontal
- Emergency Response and Rescue
- Height Safety, Industrial Rope Access, Confined Space Access and Rescue
- Manufacturing facilities, machine guarding / safety and the wood processing industry
- On and Off-Road Transportation, including with motorbikes, quad-bikes and Light Utility Vehicles
- Outdoor and Adventure Recreation and Tourism
- Secondary and Tertiary Education
- Vehicle vs. Vehicle vs. Pedestrian Safety, including onsite vehicle movements and road corridors
He begins by developing a pragmatic understanding of the work environment and what is necessary to deliver the work. He approaches health and safety from a position of ‘good decisions built of the right information inside a well-designed system and workplace‘.
Matthew believes successful health and safety is a vehicle to make work more enjoyable for the worker by removing discomfort and frustration and businesses more successful by introducing efficiency and innovation.
- New Zealand Institute of Safety Management
- NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health