Qualifications and ExperienceCertified Occupational Hygienist (COH)® since December 2014.
He is a Full Member of the Australian Institute Occupational Hygiene (MAIOH), Full Member of New Zealand Occupational Hygienist Society (NZOHS) and Associate Member of Royal Australian Chemical Institute (RACI).Peter’s career includes roles spanning consulting and corporate positions, in the construction, mining and petrochemical sectors.
- High level accredited hygiene training, tool box presentations and hazard awareness training sessions.
- Report preparation and presentations to all levels of management and corporate groups
- Developed detailed program costings and formal proposals to management groups
- Communicated the benefits of recommended strategies to both clients and their employees
Professional ExperienceMiningSenior Consultant (Occupational Hygiene) Peter provided a broad knowledge of industry expertise to clients requiring high levels of skills in site risk assessments, control identification, occupational hygiene monitoring, client program development, reporting compliance, and training program development or presentations:
- Mine site & Process Plant - Health Hazard Identification (HHID) Risk Assessments
- Conducted site hygiene compliance audits for International and Australian mining companies, providing appropriate hazard control recommendations
- Conducted sampling and/or monitoring for occupational hazards including:— Noise— Dust— DPM exposures— Biological— Indoor Air Quality Ventilation systems— Vibration— Heat Stress— Electromagnetic Hazards— Ergonomic risks— Asbestos
Oil & Gas
Occupational Health & Hygiene Team Leader
Managed the Health & Hygiene program development onsite to comply with legislative and corporate governance requirements.
Coordinated the daily activities and long term monitoring projects of up to four (4) team members.
Prepared & reviewed technical reports for various operational tasks and engineering process and plant modification for health & hygiene risks.
Conducted site task health hazard risk assessments, confined space risk assessments, and asbestos material surveys
- New Zealand Occupational Hygiene Society
- AIOH - Full Member
RACI - Associate Member
- Masters Science - Occupational Hygiene Practice (Wollongong University)
Grad Diploma - OH&S (Newcastle University)
Bachelor Science - Nursing (Australian Catholic University)